Support Your Local Chapter - Become a Member!
NH PA’s – Are you a member of your local chapter?
As we all face great changes in the health care arena, it is imperative that we present ourselves as a united front and press for changes in the current NH legislature as it relates to PA’s. Through your membership we can continue to provide you with legislative representation in the state, as well as the patients, the very reason we became PAs, still need us, need our profession and need our association – now more than ever.
Seeking NP's , PA's and Psychologists to evaluate and treat nursing home and assisted living residents. Interventions focus on behavioral health symptoms typically secondary to underlying medical issues. Medication recommendations, working with staff, education and some counseling with residents and families. More intense behavioral health therapies delivered by psychologists and psychiatrists. Rewarding experience improving quality of life and working in a multidisciplinary team that treats the interrelated medical/ behavioral issues of the elderly.
Part time or Full time available. Flexible schedule. EOE
Send resume to
Job Description:Mid-Level Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
Reports to:Medical Director
SUMMARY:The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant provides high quality medical services to patients of the Indian Stream Health Center (ISHC), a Federally Qualified Health Center which receives federal funding to assure health care to all populations without regard to ability to pay. ISHC promotes the Patient Centered Medical Home Model which provides primary care for patients of all ages that is “accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family- centered, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective.” Mid-level providers work within a team that includes a physician, care management and nursing staff and administrative support staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the requisite background needed to adequately perform the functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides reasonable and prudent medical/surgical care, practices appropriate management, and uses sound clinical judgment based on best practice standards and evidenced based medicine
- Maintains confidentiality in regards to patients, staff and program matters at all times
- Consults with other staff or specialists to make appropriate referrals for acute, chronic and preventive health care, as may be indicated
- Coordinates patient care with colleagues, nursing, front desk outreach, case management staff and other agencies as necessary
- Educates patients on preventive health care and chronic disease management
- Treats patients and staff respectfully, courteously, and appropriately
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Protects clients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Completes charting of notes, forms and coding in a timely and efficient manner. Enters appropriate legible notations, documents encounters appropriately
- Attends/participates and contributes to medical staff/departmental meetings
- Participates in trainings as required by the health center
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Licensed in New Hampshire as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant
- Served as a mid level provider for at least one year in a primary health care setting preferred
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal relationship skills with patients, staff and the community
- Excellent patient management skills
- Sufficient computer skills with experience in an electronic health record preferred
- Must demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability. Able to work both independently and as a team player
- Exhibits professionalism and respects confidentiality
- Supports and identifies with agency mission, values and goals
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, exempt position
SUMMARY OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
For more information, please visit our website at, www.indianstream.org
© 2013 New Hampshire Society of Physician Assistants, PO Box 325, Manchester, NH 03105. All rights reserved.
Please contact the
regarding any web site problems.