Orthopedic Mid-level Hospitalist Position – Concord, NH
Experienced, energetic, independent physician assistant or nurse practitioner needed to support inpatient needs of a large multi-specialty orthopedic group based in Concord, New Hampshire. Candidate will work with a group of advanced practitioners to support the inpatient consultative, Peri-operative care and discharge needs of both elective and urgent/emergent orthopedic patients at the group’s main hospital affiliation (Concord Hospital). Weekly shifts will cycle on regular basis to optimize service coverage and minimize provider burnout with competitive starting salary and excellent benefit package.
• Assist covering physicians with ER and inpatient orthopedic consultations. Initial evaluation, documentation and treatment plan development and implementation. • Assist with Peri-operative care needs of both elective and urgent/emergent patients on the orthopedic service.
• Interface/communicate with primary care services regarding pre-operative clearance needs of admitted patients. • Ordering and follow-up of needed imaging studies and communication with covering providers.
• Facilitate timely and appropriate discharge to home or skilled nursing facility for both elective and urgent/emergent patients. • Assist with proper documentation through hospital based EMR platform to meet State and Federal regulations/guidelines.
• Coordinate postoperative needs (appointments, follow-up, DME needs, etc) of inpatients with main office personnel.
• Position may rarely require direct assistance of MD in the Operating room setting as well.
• Licensure, State of New Hampshire
• Prior experience in an Orthopedic setting preferred but not required
• Established computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills with patients, referring providers and supporting physician group.
• Ability to interface with hospital and office based EMR systems.